Friday, December 28, 2007

This Surgery is going to cost an Arm and a Leg...

I give the leg on Monday...

What I have is a really aggressive tumor, One that doesn't form a solid mass that is easy to cut out. So on Monday, I will go into the hospital and they will remove the cancer (and by cancer I mean my lower left leg, just above the knee) I know this sounds extreme, but That's the way I roll.

This is the best way to handle this particular cancer (Epithelioid Sarcoma).
The hope is that everything is cut off and the spreading stops.

So, December 31st will be the operation, and next year will be the new and improved Justin.
(I know, what a way to keep that resolution to loose weight)

5 comments:

Cynthia Poulsen said...

Coolest Bravest Justin,
Have you always been this enlightened? I appreciate your humor and strength. Although I’m sending out only good thoughts, my heart aches for you and your family. We’re only dealt what we can handle, right? By the way, don’t over do it on the morphine… we don't want that enlightenment to fade. Lots of love, Cynthia Poulsen

Unknown said...

Hey Justin, remember the
Merthiolate. you can write with it. "remove this one" "do not remove these" with an arrow. I'll be praying for you. Be thankful for your loving family, you are truly blessed by the love and support from your family and friends. Try to keep your spirits high. Did I mention we miss you.
Kevin Cox

RyanHelsley said...

JW-

Keep your chin up Buddy. Donnie and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Lots of love and pineapples coming your way.

Ryan

BasquiatGirl said...

I don't know you but got your blog through a friend. My prayers are with you and your family. I can tell you are an amazing person. You have inspired me and made me appreciate things and not get hung up on little unimportant details. I have thought of you and your family this weekend and know Monday is the day so I will say extra prayers for you.

Sachin Palewar said...

Why both arm and leg? I appreciate your spirit and courage. My wife had ES in her left toe. They removed the toe with a surgery and it has been more than 2 years since.

We know that it can return but we always hope it doesn't. We became parents in Nov and have a little, cute baby girl to spread happiness in our life.

I wish you all the best and let me know how did the surgery go for you.