Sunday, December 30, 2007

Catching up with Lefty...

--- Before the last leg of the tour, I got a chance to catch up with Lefty. We talked over Singapore Slings pool side at the Standard. Here is what he had to say...

Lefty - "I started in Italy, as a small time musician, working for cannolis, we moved state side about three months after that."

---Spending his formative years in Southern California, some say it was his life that inspired the character for Summer on the O.C. click here

Rachel Bilson - "Meeting Lefty is what took my career to the next level. Without him I would still be doing Subway commercials with Jared."

---During his time in the O.C. Lefty joined two bands (Sh*ty and The Junk Yard Choir). Mostly they played house parties and libraries. With two reunion shows under his belt, Lefty took a tour through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, ending in New Orleans. (Not much is known about this time in his life, except the song "Pancho and Lefty" might be inspired by this time. But this is not the time to talk about it.) Our Story picks up on the way back from Yuma, after a religious experience and flies of biblical proportion. Lefty moved up north, to the Bay area where he meet some wonderful people. And by wonderful people I mean Drugs.

Lefty - ". . - . . . - - . - . - . - - . - - . . - . . . ." click here

---After San Francisco, Lefty got married and settled down in Riverside. With a wife, a dog, and two cats.

Lefty - "It's been fun, but as you know I'll be takin' off for the new year. On the road again, to who knows where. Me and the little piggies. We'll be off and gone."

---Lefty and the little Piggies will be on tour supporting their next album, Amp'd on Life.




7 comments:

jessicaO said...

Hellooo Justin!
You my friend, have the absolute best attitude! I admire that... I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you, and if you or your family need anything please let me know. Big hugs!!!
jessica

Davy Carren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Davy Carren said...

This blog is really getting good. Hope to be reading many more postings for a long time to come. Speaking of prayers, "Say a few for Lefty too..." Wishing you the best old buddy...dc

pal said...

I can't begin to say how touched I am to see that you are in good spirits! I look forward to the many future posts that will inspire and entertain us all! You are in our thoughts, always!

Eric & Rachel

Unknown said...

Hello there my friend! Hope the surgery went well and that you are recuperating (where is spell check?). Apache sends his love and support. thinking about you. hello to donna & samson.
t

Humberto said...

Hola Amigo. Just wanted to stop in and say hello.You are in my prayers.

Fritzy Presh said...

and by drugs, you mean stealing them from your friends!